(Page updated 14 October 2020)
Public Mass times are currently as follows:
Wednesday: 6.30pm (Latin old rite)
Sunday: 9.00am and 11.15am
Private Prayer with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament will continue on Saturdays only
10.30am – 12.30pm with Confessions during the first hour or by appointment
St Mary’s has signed up for the Online Mass Booking service with the Diocese. You must sign up in order to reserve seats for yourself and others. Seats can be reserved 7 days in advance and up to 4 hours before the start of Mass. The website address is https://massbooking.uk.
There is now also a phone booking system in place. Please call 07554 603972 on Tuesday and Wednesday between 2pm and 4pm or Thursday and Friday between 5pm and 7pm.
- A limit of 56 people in the congregation at any one time is allowed for Mass in accordance with 2 metre social distancing rules. This may be slightly increased with couples and families sitting together.
- The church will open 15 minutes before Mass. You will be guided by the stewards. If you wish to light a candle please tell the steward as you should do so before being seated. They will fill up the church from the front; therefore, you may not be able to sit in your favourite seat. Those in wheelchairs should enter by the side door in the usual way.
- You will also be asked to sign in and leave a phone number for Track and Trace purposes. St Mary’s will protect the data.
- Please note that the obligation to hear Mass on Sunday remains suspended until further notice. So this is not yet a return to normal. If you feel uneasy about coming to Mass, please stay at home. Please do not come to Mass if you have any cold-like symptoms.
- There is still no Holy Water in the stoups. There will be no singing (unless by a cantor), no Offertory Procession, no Bidding Prayers or Children’s Liturgy.
- Holy Communion will be distributed after Mass under one kind only by the priest. You are then asked to exit the church straight away and make your thanksgiving on the way home.
- Parents may not bring food, drink, or toys to the church. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult to the toilet.
- The church will close straight after Mass for cleaning, so we ask you not to linger. There will also be a collection box by the exit. There will be no tea and coffee in the Hall after Sunday Mass.