ASCENSION OF THE LORD
The Ascension of the risen Lord Jesus into heaven marks the pivotal point between the life and work of the physical Jesus here on earth and his continuing work in our midst through people like you and me. We are the ones to now proclaim the Gospel – the Gospel of healing, restoring, of new life, of joy! And it is the Spirit who empowers us to do this. So, lift up your hands, clap your hands, raise your eyes and sing praise to God. We are no longer orphans nor are we impotent and helpless, for the Spirit in all its power is moving in us and through us.
As we celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirit into your hearts and lives, we wish to extend an invitation to celebrate Pentecost here at St Mary’s at 3pm on Sunday 8th June. The aim is to ‘bring everyone together’ in the same spirit of joy, to thank everyone for their contributions to the parish and to celebrate the diversity of our people, their gifts and nationalities.
There will be only ONE Mass on 8th June, instead of the usual five
● We invite you to come along with your families and friends.
● Wear bright colours, the colours of your country or your national dress.
● Bring banners for your group.
● Bring along a plate of food to share after Mass in the hall.
● Help us by volunteering to welcome, set up the hall, clear away at the end.
Help us make this a celebration to remember!
To read more, click here > Newsletter 1 June 2014